Dashain is a festival of delicious food with many varieties. Nepalese consume a lot of non-veg recipes during dashain. Many health issues might arise due to the change in the regular menu of food that you eat apart from the regular one.
Health issues might include drinking, overeating meat, and respiratory exposure to smoke. Vijayadashami is one of the biggest festivals in Nepal. At this greatest festival, don’t forget your health. You should not lose your good health.
Some of the major tips you should follow in Dasain for good health.
Keep in mind that you should now start eating lesser foods but at a shorter time interval so instead of eating 3 times a day, start eating 4/5 times a day so that it would be easier for your digestive system.
But make sure none of your meal is as heavy as that of a healthy person and never eat until you feel your stomach to be full.
Blood Pressure :
If you have high blood pressure, we recommend eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. At the same time, we recommend avoiding red meat, salt (sodium), and foods and drinks that contain added sugars. These foods can keep your blood pressure elevated.
For the organ without any purpose, the appendix causes its share of problems. It is one of the most common emergency surgery performed. After the important surgery, it is imperative to follow a proper Appendicitis diet. The appendicitis diet plan should primarily include Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids, glutamine, etc. Healthy liver function should be maintained to have a faster recovery.
- Vitamin C-rich food such as orange, guava, lemon, etc. can be very useful in this condition.
- An extra zinc supplement can also be taken with zinc-rich food.
- Carrots and sweet potatoes which are good sources of Vitamin A should be consumed along with the other food.
- Vitamin D is important to have a healthy body, high-quality supplements of which include eggs, fish, cheese, ginger, etc.
If you have chronic kidney disease (CKD), it’s important to watch what you eat and drink. That’s because your kidneys can’t remove waste products from your body the way they should. A major function of the kidneys is to get rid of waste and extra fluid from your body through your pee. They also balance your body’s minerals, like salt and potassium. A kidney-friendly diet can help you stay healthier longer.
- Balance your body’s fluids
- Make hormones that affect the way other organs work
- A kidney-friendly diet is a way of eating that helps protect your kidneys from further damage. You’ll have to limit some foods and fluids so other fluids and minerals like electrolytes don’t build up in your body. At the same time, you’ll have to make sure you get the right balance of protein, calories, vitamins, and minerals.
- If you’re in the early stages of CKD, there may be few, if any, limits on what you can eat. But as your disease gets worse, you’ll have to be more careful about what you put into your body.
Gastric or Gastritis :
Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the lining of the stomach. It can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic).
- Avoid hot and spicy foods.
- Reduce the consumption of excessive alcohol.
- Eliminate irritating foods from your diet such as lactose from dairy or gluten from wheat.
- Read this article to know more about home remedies
Gout is a painful form of arthritis that occurs when high levels of uric acid in the blood cause crystals to form and accumulate in and around a joint.
Uric acid is produced when the body breaks down a chemical called purine. Purine occurs naturally in your body, but it’s also found in certain foods. Uric acid is eliminated from the body in urine.
A gout diet may help decrease uric acid levels in the blood. A gout diet isn’t a cure. But it may lower the risk of recurring gout attacks and slow the progression of joint damage.
People with gout who follow a gout diet generally still need medication to manage pain and to lower levels of uric acid.
Here is a sample gout diet.
- Whole-grain, unsweetened cereal with skim or low-fat milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Roasted chicken breast slices (2 ounces) on a whole-grain roll with mustard
- Mixed green salad with vegetables, 1 tablespoon nuts, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing
- Skim or low-fat milk or water
- Afternoon snack
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- Roasted salmon (3 to 4 ounces)
- Roasted or steamed green beans
- 1/2 to 1 cup whole-grain pasta with olive oil and lemon pepper
- Low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup fresh melon
- Caffeine-free beverage, such as herbal tea