1. Turn over empty pails and buckets, so that they do not collect excess water. If the container that contains water cannot be emptied, remember to cover it well when not in use.
2. Always sleep under a mosquito net (especially small children as they sleep during the day and hence, the chance of mosquito bite is high during this time). Know in detail how to save your baby from mosquito bites.
3. Avoid mosquito bites even during the day.
4. Wear long sleeves shirts and long pants outdoor.
5. Use mosquito repellent on skin and clothing.s
6. Eliminate mosquito breeding sites around homes.
7. Regularly change water in animals and pets container
8. Using camphor as a repellent also works wonders. Light camphor in a room and close all the doors and windows. Leave it this way for about fifteen to twenty minutes to have a mosquito free environment.
9. Remember to clean out empty flower pots and not to over water potted plants. It is advised to not have any stagnant water around as it acts as breeding ground for the mosquitoes.
10. Make sure your window and door screens do not have any holes. If so, block those areas properly to eliminate mosquitoes.
11. If someone at home is ill with dengue, try to not let the mosquitoes bite them or others in the house.
12. A natural method to keep mosquitoes at bay is to plant tulsi near your window. The plant has properties that do not allow mosquitoes to breed. Read about 10 natural ways to keep your home mosquito-free.